By Toni Frito
In the 19th century, some French gardeners managed to produce a variety of orange carrots that is the one used today. Carrot sprouts have multiple properties that most people are unaware of and can also be eaten. In this post we will let you know a little about carrots.
Carrot leaves are rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins, they contain 6 times more vitamin C than the root and they also have vitamin K, A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, P, E, K, potassium, calcium , iron and lots of fiber.
In addition, the green leaf provides abundant chlorophyll that also has purifying properties of the blood, lymph nodes and adrenal glands. Antiseptic properties, so chewing carrot leaves can heal oral lesions, bad breath ...
And how can I use them? Of course, the leaves must be organically grown, because if it does not happen as in many other vegetables, the poison is concentrated in the leaves. Next I will explain some ways to take advantage of them.
1. In the salad, finely chopped and mixed.
2. One more ingredient in a soup, broth or stew.
3. Chopped with garlic as a dressing for example for tomatoes.
4. As a vinaigrette.
5. Green Smoothie: A few carrot leaves with 2 or 3 sour or sweet fruits, water, sweeten with stevia or dates and beat in a blender.
6. Tea: Bring water to a boil and add carrot leaves, let it cool. Detoxifying and good for urinary problems.
7. Sautéed with other vegetables.
8. Tortilla: Remove the branches, just leave the leaves, which are very green. Wash the leaves well and cook them for 5 to 8 minutes over low heat after boiling. Add to the heat in a pan, the leaves with a little minced garlic and sweet corn. We add it to the eggs and make the omelette normally.
9. Carrot leaf pesto.
Some people may be allergic to carrot greens, please check first before eating them.